- Manage the engineering department including efficiency and direction to engineering department personnel.
- Project management including coordination, project timelines, and exceeding customer expectations.
- Create and maintain all engineering department design standards, policies and procedures.
- Specify material handling equipment for appropriate motor sizing, load & drive speeds
- Design and calculate combustion air, blower and blower motor size for maximum efficiency.
- Design combustion system size and boiler outputs based on system requirements.
- Design air flow through a boiler system to maximum efficiency of blowers and fuel consumption.
- Calculate required amount of insulation and refractory needed for combustion system to obtain maximum efficiency and least amount of thermal loss based on calculations and cost effectiveness.
- Create and revise boiler room designs using Solidworks modeling software
- Work with sales, service and purchasing personnel to meet customer specifications and requests.
- Oversee all aspects of design and ensure all designs and drawings are completed accurately and in a timely fashion per manufacturing timeline and sales requests for submittal drawings.
- Work with project engineers and manage the project through the design and manufacturing phase.
- Travel to customer sites or trade shows as necessary.
Must possess the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D Modeling software
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task (work on more than one project at a time).
- Be self-motivated, able to either work alone or alongside others
- Determine, initiate and verify cost savings by calculations supported by data.
- Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and experience in the field of mechanical or structural design